Last Updated: July 20, 2018
- What Personal Information About Customers Does GOS Gather?
- Examples of Information Collected
- How Secure Is My Information?
- What About Cookies?
- Does GOS Share the Information It Receives?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use GOS?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your GOS experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses GOS or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of GOS on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from GOS if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
- Mobile: When you download or use our app, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example: you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in your account; if you’ve used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and to make communication easier; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at GOS include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, and address book), payment settings (including credit card information and check balances), e-mail notification settings, and recommendations.
How Secure is My Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does GOS Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, but we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries of GOS Inc., controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: At some point, we may send offers to selected groups of GOS customers on behalf of other businesses. If and when we do this, we won’t give that business your name and address. If you don’t want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that GOS Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of GOS and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of GOS, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web Sites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at GOS, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy.
Which Information Can I Access?
GOS gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with GOS for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I have?
- As mentioned above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such GOS features as Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section, above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Preferences. (If you don’t want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of GOS, and it’s your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use GOS?
GOS does not post products for purchase by children. Our customers may post children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use GOS only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you choose to visit GOS, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the Province of Alberta. If you have any concern about privacy at GOS, please contact us with a thorough description, and we’ll try to resolve it.